Senior Software Engineer – Tier 2/3 Social Commerce @ Walmart - Sunnyvale, CA
Post a job for free in Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
Walmart's Social Commerce team aims to build tools and technologies that will enable browse and purchase of Walmart products within the native social media experience thus helping us reach new audiences and increase the market and conversations taking place for our products. This team is going to be part of the Marketing Services Core organization and will build new experiences both in-house and in collaboration with strategic partners. As part of this team, you will get to build highly scalable and reliable services which will drive the next generation of social commerce experiences. This position will interact with a variety of teams including catalog, checkout, personalization and other internal and external teams.
What You’ll Do
- Develop highly usable user facing frontend applications that integrate with backend services
- Collaborate with and execute major cross-platform executions as a team, or independently when needed
- Document knowledge and processes specific to your work
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with numerous internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of new and upcoming products
- Contribute to all phases of the development life cycle and write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5-7 years or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3-5 years of experience working with scalable ecommerce applications
- 5+ years of Front-End engineering experience with Web-based frameworks and languages including React.JS and Typescript
- 2+ years of experience in using performance, analytics and UX tools
- Proven ability in implementing best/excellent practices and Design Patterns like promises, application flow control, event/error/AJAX handling, RxJS, observables, and Redux
- Experience in automated frontend testing
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving and strong analytical skills required
- Working knowledge of databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Strong creative, collaboration and communication skills
Even Better if You Have:
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- A passion for creative technology and new media capabilities for social commerce
- Experience with social media tools/technologies and social commerce platforms is a bonus
- Self-starter, quick learner, keen observer, eye for detail and someone who relishes challenges
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(K) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field