SHAREPOINT DEVELOPER/ADMINISTRATOR @ San Jose/Evergreen Community College District - San Jose, CA
6 days ago
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District - San Jose, CA
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Campus Location: District Office
The SharePoint Developer/Administrator reports to the Director of Enterprise Application at the District Office. The work schedule is 12 months per year; 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The SharePoint Developer/Administrator responsible for design and implementation of Microsoft's collaboration platform within the organization. This includes, creating access control plans for SharePoint, OneDrive, MS Teams, and Power Platform specifically Power Automate (Power BI and Power Apps). The ideal candidate possesses strong technical experience to design and provide sophisticated solutions utilizing Microsoft SharePoint platform, ensure SharePoint deployment, and support services delivery at an enterprise level.
The SharePoint Developer/Administrator position is temporary up to 4 years.
This position is represented by CSEA (California School Employees Association), Chapter 363.
Reporting to an assigned administrator in ITSS, the SharePoint Developer/Administrator manages the internal and external SharePoint environments, including design, development, programming, deployment, database integration, third-party integration, mobile integration, accessibility, maintenance, training and support. Under supervision, the SharePoint Developer/Administrator works with District and College administrative departments and staff to analyze and document requirements for efficient SharePoint-based solutions for organizational units and the enterprise. Solutions may involve using out-of-the box SharePoint resource, developing layouts, deploying web parts, creating custom content types, new templates, managing users and groups, programing and developing solutions that extend SharePoint and Office platforms through various customization techniques and integration with third-party products including the ERP.
This position plays an integral part in the development of strategies and solutions for the optimal use of SharePoint and other collaborative tools within the organization. The SharePoint Developer/Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic fast-paced environment requiring team interaction, requirements gathering, and project planning, management, communication, collaboration and evaluation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design and develop internal and external portals in SharePoint Server to include public sites, internal team sites, document management, automated workflow, collaboration, messaging, and content management for websites and mobile applications.
2. Develop custom programs using ASP.NET for the efficient use of SharePoint and for integration with the ERP and third-party applications.
3. Plan, design and implement SharePoint security including, but not limited to, authentication, security roles, user groups, audiences, and item level security.
4. Provide analysis services to end-users in planning, developing and deploying departmental and enterprise level SharePoint solutions.
5. Develop custom web parts and integrating enterprise content with SharePoint to include developing data repositories, content indexing and workflow.
6. Prepare for and perform technical installations, upgrades, configurations, and support the overall SharePoint environments; manage customizations for implementation.
7. Configure and administer services, InfoPath services, web frontend servers, indexing servers and database servers, social networking features, User Profile Services, site metadata, Enterprise Managed metadata, Excel services, Enterprise Wikis, Blogs, etc.
8. Provide SharePoint system administration including, but not limited to, analysis, capacity planning, integration and quality assurance.
9. Promote online solutions and facilitate those solutions District-wide; identify practices and processes that can be improved through the use of SharePoint.
10. Perform project management tasks for SharePoint development and implementation projects including, but not limited to, research, planning, documenting, leading, tracking and evaluating.
11. Participate in multiple projects as key technical resource that may include implementation, issue resolution, and development.
12. Provide end-user support and training through a variety of means to include the person, training documentation, training videos, training resource compilation, etc.
13. Evaluate current and emerging SharePoint technologies and practices; recommend solutions and best practices.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. SharePoint Server implementation for public websites and internal team sites.
2. Document management, automated workflow, collaboration, messaging, and content management.
3. SharePoint security design and implementation.
4. ASP.Net framework for developing web and mobile applications.
5. Web parts development and enterprise content integration.
6. Current and emerging SharePoint technologies and best practices.
7. Principles of program design, coding, testing and implementation.
8. Principles of operations of computer technology and telecommunications.
9. Principles of training, support, and services to end-users.
10. Interpersonal relationship techniques.
11. Modern office administrative practices and use of tools including computers, websites and other applications related to this job.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Provide and maintain software applications to meet the needs of the District.
2. Research and compile information.
3. Prioritize and manage assigned projects by work schedules and task timelines.
4. Assimilate and organize information in a logical, consistent manner.
5. Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others.
6. Communicate in a clear, concise manner to a variety of audiences.
7. Effectively advise customers on the data collecting and information dissemination capabilities of SharePoint website.
8. Work with attention to detail and independently with minimum supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. At least three years of experience developing with APIs, ASP.Net and development tools made available in SharePoint 2013 (work experience in 2010 is acceptable).
3. Significant experience with administering SharePoint technologies (Windows SharePoint Services, SharePoint Server, InfoPath, Forms Services, Excel Services, Search, Business Data Catalog and Web Services)
4. Experience with configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
1. Microsoft SharePoint certification such as MOSS, WSS, MCSE, or MCSD.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of IIS, XML, PowerShell, SQL Server, LDAP, JAVA, and HTML.
3. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
Districts Diversity Requirements
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienceddiscrimination.
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the Districts hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$124,469 - $151,864 Annual Salary (Range 150: Classified Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2022-2023). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and 19 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
San Jose, CA
The SharePoint Developer/Administrator reports to the Director of Enterprise Application at the District Office. Develop custom programs using ASP.
California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
WSS provides web development & support services for custom and commercial off the shelf, mobile, responsive website and web applications including all facets of…
Develop and maintain technologies like SharePoint online apps using SharePoint Framework SPFx and MS Power Platform. Write and implement efficient code.
Maintain existing SharePoint applications and provide user support. SharePoint application design and develop. Manage SharePoint project life cycle.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) working as part of the LivIT Workforce Enablement Team within the Computing Directorate…
San Francisco, CA
Develop and implement solutions and SharePoint workflows as part of application solutions and custom SharePoint Web Parts and Dashboards.
USDM Life Sciences
Foster City, CA
The developer will be a technical resource for ongoing development and operational activities on SharePoint Online. Create new apps using Power Platform.
Xcel Life Sciences
Foster City, CA
Foster City (California)- Local /Open to Relocate Candidates preferred*. Total IT experience of 8+ years and 3+ years of experience in SharePoint Online (SPO)…
Plaxonic Technologies Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Required: * -Strong SharePoint experience -Strong time management skills - very good communication and client-facing skills -Strong project management (…
Booz Allen Hamilton
We’re looking for a developer with the skills needed to build SharePoint solutions from vision to production-ready system.
Stanford Health Care
Palo Alto, CA
Stanford Health Care is looking for a SharePoint developer who can design, develop, customize, and debug web parts, page layouts, and applications using…
Linda Rogers & Associates
10+ years’ hands on work experience in information technology. 5+ years’ SharePoint design and programming experience.
San Jose, CA
We are looking for SharePoint Developer with total 5-6 years of experience required. Strong experience in SharePoint 2013 Client side development using CSOM,…