Senior Software Engineer, Frontend @ Brightwheel - San Francisco, CA
Post a job for free in San Francisco, CA
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s mission is to transform early education for every teacher, child, and parent — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a distributed team, with offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Austin along with fully remote team members. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are seeking a senior software engineer who is not only well-rounded technically, but also someone who is passionate about the positive impact their code can make in people's lives. Brightwheel engineers work closely with product and design, as well as with other areas of the business to deliver a platform that meets our teachers’ & parents’ biggest needs.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside product and design to scope and implement new features or product lines.
- Help to continuously modernize and mature our frontend architecture and shared component library
- Contribute to our frontend engineering vision, culture, and best practices
- Identify bottlenecks and implement improvements to engineering processes, tools, and procedures
- Share knowledge and expertise across the engineering team
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, ability to clear roadblocks and a high degree of ownership
- Experience or desire to mentor other engineers and share your expertise
- An appreciation for good design and the ability to make small product & design decisions
Candidates with varying backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We do not require prior knowledge of technologies in our stack, only a desire to learn them. At brightwheel you will encounter:
AWS managed services
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.