Software Engineer - Front End (UI Infrastructure) - US-Remote @ Splunk - San Francisco, CA
Post a job for free in San Francisco, CA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a skilled engineer to help create the front-end infrastructure on top of which our next-generation cloud experience will be built. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a consistent record of software delivery. This role requires strong cross-team collaboration with our application development and product management teams.
- While you can work from any Splunk office, or be remote, this team’s working hours are in the PST timezone, and you’ll be expected to have your working hours line up with that.
- Developing and maintaining front-end infrastructure and framework libraries
- Identifying patterns in application code in order to minimize repetitive work
- Working with application and backend engineers to optimize the end to end architecture in order to deliver a world class user experience.
- Working cross-functionally with product managers, designers, and architects in order to streamline product development
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Great communication skills
- Takes direction well, but can operate in ambiguous situations
- Experience with React and its ecosystem
- Familiar with git and CI/CD best practices
- Familiar with open source community tooling / frameworks a plus
- HTML and CSS proficiency a plus
- Special consideration given for experience with one or more of the following: developer experiences, testing frameworks, CI/CD systems, micro-frontends, feature flagging, application telemetry
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always exploring new technology, bringing in OSS projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of uncommonly hardworking and dedicated peers
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.