Market Researcher - Contract @ Instacart - San Francisco, CA
Post a job for free in San Francisco, CA
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive marketing strategy, product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with marketing, brand, product, data science, and analytics to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart's mission.
Instacart is seeking an experienced market researcher (contract) to help deepen our understanding of user and marketplace needs, motivations, and behaviors to support our growth. We are a multi-sided marketplace, with our user groups including not only customers, but the personal shoppers who shop for and deliver orders, the grocery stores and retailers who we partner with, and the CPG companies whose products we promote.
ABOUT THE JOB
- This is for a 3 - 6 month contract, with a minimum of 30 hours per week
- In this role, you'll be supporting mostly quantitative research studies, including internal surveys to our user base and/or managing tracking programs (e.g., brand health, NPS)
- You'll be a key collaborator with seasoned researchers on the Market Research and UX Research teams, supporting both established and ad hoc workstreams. You'll interact with key stakeholders as relevant, including those in the Business Development, Marketing,
- Operations, and Product orgs to name a few.
- You'll have 5+ years of experience in a Market Research or Consumer Insights role, either on the research agency or client side, conducting primary, custom research studies
- A BA or BS or higher in Marketing Research, social sciences or a quantitative field. A Masters degree is a plus
- Expertise in designing and managing surveys, with the ability to:
- Design, program and disseminate surveys end to end (we use Qualtrics, so experience with this tool will be helpful)
- Conduct basic data processing using Q-software or SPSS
- Surface key insights and findings in research reports
- Experience with managing tracking programs (e.g. brand health, NPS), including managing research vendors to ensure high-quality research and insights
- Highly analytical, able to tease out compelling insights from a structured data set
- A strong communicator, with the ability to turn insights into a compelling story
- Adept at collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ability to use SQL and/or appending survey results with behavioral data is a plus