DATAA001161 Data System Specialist II @ NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute - San Francisco, CA
20 days ago
DATAA001161 Data System Specialist II
NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute - San Francisco, CA
The purpose of the Data Systems Specialist work is to support the planning and implementation of The Research and Development department activities, pertaining to data entry, program awareness, database support and system analysis at the San Francisco VA Medical Center,
· Serves as point-of-contact and primary resource to Research and development staff seeking support using research administrative database software and/or provides assistance with database functionality.
· Assist with development of system specifications to meet user requirements including user interface, database structure, and functionalities.
· Supports the Lead Analyst as needed in meeting established program, database goals and objectives.
· Provides data entry and analytical support regarding new or proposed technical program changes.
· Identifies and configures data required for use in the management and direction of programs and software.
· Utilizes information provided by investigators, research staff, support personnel, contractors, and other agencies to identify existing or potential problem areas and recommend corrective action and preventive measures.
· Works with end users to define, specify and review system requirements. Interfaces with Lead Analyst as needed to coordinate system resources and/or achieve specific tasks/objectives.
· Other duties as assigned
· At least 1-2 years of experience in computer science and/or a bachelor’s degree in a related field
· At least 1-2 years of experience in web-based applications and database building.
· Experience using/creating any Data Entry Automation tool such as VB Macro to Automate Data entry in Web Applications
· Working knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle and/or SQL Server.
· Knowledge of programming language such as ASP.net, Visual Basic and/or C# is preferred.
· Knowledge of Windows Server 2019, Windows 10, and 365.
· Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and/or Microsoft IIS.
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to understand customer needs and manage expectations.
· Ability to effectively communicate technical issues to end-users.
· Detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Demonstrated understanding of database and spreadsheet management.
· Experience working with people, sharing complex data
· Expert experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
Please directly apply by cutting and pasting the below link into your browser. Any applications submitted through this job website will not be considered. All interested candidates must only apply using the link below to be considered.
Or apply by visiting us at www.ncire.org and apply for DATAA001161 Data System Specialist II.
Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Per San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance, Northern California Institute for Research and Education (NCIRE) will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location
NCIRE - The Veterans Health Research Institute
San Francisco, CA
Experience working with people, sharing complex data. Provides data entry and analytical support regarding new or proposed technical program changes.