Builder.ai - Solution Architect - Ruby (a.k.a Sensei) - Direct Hire [Remote] @ Braintrust - San Francisco, CA
6 days ago
Builder.ai - Solution Architect - Ruby (a.k.a Sensei) - Direct Hire [Remote]
Braintrust - San Francisco, CA
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote United States only (Time Zone: MST | Partial overlap)
- SALARY: $100,000 – $150,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long-term
Final compensation based on qualifications, location, and credentials.
Why We Need This Role
The Sensei (Technical Architect) will help us implement customer projects that are scalable and reliable while following best practices and aligning to our technical standards and policies. You will partner with the Productologist (Product Owner) and Ninja (Scrum Master) to work with developers to ensure that the code development and architecture achieves the highest stakeholder satisfaction.
Why You Should Join
This role will give you the experience in a wide variety of different types of projects and customers building solutions at scale using Builder's bespoke platform. You will be part of the digital revolution we aim to bring to our customers and make technology accessible and easy to use for anyone.
You will be responsible for:
- Mentoring a team of highly performing Junior Senseis.
- Defining best practices from both a technical and industry-vertical perspective.
- Evangelising our network of developers to understand and adopt the Builder platform and tooling.
- Acting as the final checkpoint for new developers joining our platform.
- Collaborating with the Customer, Sales Team, Designer and Execution Team to design technical solutions for customers.
- Presenting solutions to enterprise customers.
- Leading the resolution of technical problems.
- Ensuring code quality and best practices are followed across all assigned projects.
- Identify process improvement areas and drive innovation in automating parts of the SDLC.
- 5+ years of solid experience with a wide range of web, backend, or mobile technologies.
- Mastery of at least one of the following languages in a cloud-based ecosystem:
- Commercially aware and able to work with Sales to close deals.
- Experience of translating requirements to proof of concepts to presenting technical solutions to customers.
- A proven track record of designing scalable and maintainable technical solutions.
- Experience leading development efforts across multiple projects or workstreams in parallel.
- Experience working with off-shore/outsourced developers across different time zones.
- Experience with code review tools and practices to ensure best practices are followed and code quality gates are achieved.
- Experience with creating documentation, unit tests, integration tests, security, and load tests.
- Solid Understanding of GitOps principles.
- Learning and adopting new tools very quickly.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GitLab CI/CD pipelines.
- Comfortable with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, along with an ability to troubleshoot infrastructure and/or application issues across these tools.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, and Digital Ocean.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Performance-based bonuses.
- Health benefits.
- A collaborative culture where unconventional thinkers come together to solve interesting problems and having fun while doing it.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we'd welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.