Senior Front End Engineer @ Populus Technologies, Inc. - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Post a job for free in San Francisco Bay Area, CA
As a Senior/Lead Frontend Software Engineer at Populus, you'll be joining a world-class team that is transforming transportation in cities. Populus empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs - with access to data from mobility operators such as shared bikes, scooters, and cars. The Populus platform serves over 80 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility. You’ll work closely with our designer, product team, and customer success team to understand user needs and painpoints, and then build and iterate on solutions for our online platform.
As a Frontend Engineer, you will be a critical part of a collaborative and agile team building out new products and functionalities for our web-based platform. You will own features all the way from technical design through launch. You want to understand the customer need and context to develop features that are intuitive and spark customer joy. As an engineering leader within Populus you'll be setting standards for high quality code, processes, and decision making.
- This is primarily a frontend position; ability to build an attractive, frictionless, webapp and lead a small team of other to the same end is paramount.
- Experience with visualizing large datasets using efficient database querying to make beautiful charts and maps
- A bachelors or masters in computer science or related field
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and drive toward a solution with minimal oversight
- 7+ years of experience
- Some experience managing less senior engineers
Bonus if you have prior experience/ domain expertise in transportation or urban systems, or other domain which deals with large spatial datasets. A big plus if you have a background in GIS and mapbox-gl for mapping.
Send us your resume or LinkedIn profile and a few words on why you're the right person for this role + why you'd like to work on helping us solve big transportation problems.
Populus helps cities and private mobility providers deliver safe, efficient, and equitable streets. The Populus platform is the only comprehensive digital solution that empowers cities to manage their streets and curbs - with access to data from mobility operators such as shared bikes, scooters, and cars. Founded by transportation PhDs from MIT and UC Berkeley, the Populus team brings together industry veterans who have spent their careers delivering innovation solutions for public agencies. The Populus platform serves over 80 cities around the world on 4 continents, as the trusted digital platform to manage the future of mobility. Learn more at populus.ai
Populus is committed to creating a diverse environment. We encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech and transportation industries to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $175,000.00 - $210,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- In what coding languages are you proficient?
- Front-end development: 5 years (Required)
- One location
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings