Android Engineer @ Kunai Consulting - Remote
a month ago
Kunai Consulting - Remote
Kunai is looking for full-time Android Engineers to join our rapidly growing, fully remote digital agency of 60+ technology professionals. You will be joining a team that has shipped over 150 products for clients from the United Nations, Ernst & Young and TOMS Shoes to fintech titans like Capital One, American Express and Wells Fargo.
We are looking for Android Engineers across the spectrum of professional experience, from those who have just gotten started working with Android a couple of years ago, to senior engineers who have lived and breathed the Android platform, developing mobile apps in Java, Kotlin or C++ for the last ten plus years. You’ll work with fellow Android engineers from a variety of backgrounds both at Kunai and at client engineering teams responsible for some of the most heavily used fin-tech applications on the internet.
The team you will be joining is working at the bleeding edge of fintech Android development with the full spectrum of mobile devices: not just phones and tablets, but watches, TVs and wherever the future takes the platform. You will work on sensitive client projects, and assigned a top of the line Macbook Pro and whatever tools you need to write the most solid code with the least friction. Kunai and our clients work are a team of teams: small, highly functional and agile teams.
- Write Android client code that adheres to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles.
- Be an active participant in agile ceremonies, doing your part to ensure that your team commitments are met on time and at the highest quality of work.
- Be a champion of the mobile platform in developer communities at Kunai, at our clients, and in the world at large.
- Keep learning and stay up to date with the evolution of the core technologies in mobile development (think Kotlin, Android SDK and Java).
- Be proactive in group discussions within your own team and across teams, influencing and contributing to feedback and clear inter-team interfaces and communications.
- Work with and mentor other members of your team.
- Own deliver of major components and modules, working with Software Architects and Senior Engineers.
- Share best practices and improve processes within your team and across sprint teams
- Spot technical challenges early on and apply the right mix of creativity and common sense in choosing solutions.
- Review pull requests with an eye for ensuring adherence to style rules, Kotlin idioms etc.
- No less than 2 years of professional experience working with Kotlin, Android Studio and the Android SDK, with senior roles available for engineers with substantially more experience.
- Fluency in Java, Kotlin.
- Excellent code writing and code review skills with a passion for clean, well organized production-ready code.
- A natural affinity for teamwork and pro-active communication.
- The ability to work autonomously on a high-functioning team.
- Instincts for designing testable software and working with a team to build large scale, complex applications.
- Strong technical intuition, self-motivation and problem-solving skills.
New York, NY
Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems.
Android Developer with *5+ years of development experience using Android SDK*. *Java (5+ years) NOT USING KOTLIN AT ALL*. Experience working with Android NDK.
Works collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate systems across multiple platforms securely and accurately.
New York, NY
Employee Type: Full time with Benefits. Experience should have 15 years of experience in Mobile App development Extensive experience developing application…
Financial products (Square/CashApp, the earliest CapitalOne credit cards). Building our credit card phone app.
San Francisco, CA
4+ years experience as an engineer on a game team. 2+ shipped titles, preferably on embedded platforms. Experience with virtual reality platforms (Oculus, Vive,…
HTC Global Service.INC
HTC’s competitive package includes besides compensation Health, Dental, Vision, Disability Cover, both Short and Long term, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending,…
Ability to influence, train, and mentor junior engineers. Work with a large team of engineers in a cross-functional environment implementing high-quality…
CLS Bank International
Duration : 1 year plus extensions *. Proficient in Java (and Kotlin). Experience with development tools, Android-Studio and Gradle and test tools and frameworks…
The New York Times
New York, NY
You will work closely with product, project, design, data, qa and other engineers. You'll report to the GMAX Mobile Engineering Manager and be on a team with…
Silotech Group, Inc
Bachelors Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. Hybrid web apps a plus (Phonegap/Ionic).
As a Mobile Full Stack Software Engineer, for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-Urbandale), you will join a team of passionate developers and…
Tyler Technologies, Inc.
We deliver on an almost unheard of weekly release cycle that's pushed to production, during the day! Writing and implementing efficient code.
UTP will allow our Product & Technology teams, professional services, third-party partners, and customers to create customized tooling within Procore’s…
San Francisco, CA
4+ years experience as an engineer on a game team. JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below). Master of C# programming language.
You’ll be working with a team that comes from a diverse array of backgrounds, including real estate development, accounting, finance, software engineering and…
MNK INFOTECH INC
Key skills---- React Native & Android SDK/app - Mandatory skill. Contract can get extended beyond 3 months.
The Android Mobile Engineer reports directly to the Mobile Engineering Manager and will be part of the Product Team. Able to produce clear documentation.
The Senior Android Mobile Engineer reports directly to the Mobile Engineering Manager and will be part of the Product Team. Able to produce clear documentation.
Multibrain offers future benefits including health insurance coverage and a generous paid leave policy. Experience with Android (Java and/or Kotlin) native…
Heavy Technology Group LLC
We are seeking a mobile app developer to build Android and iOS apps that will mostly utilize webviews to deliver our existing SaaS web application.
Adroit Tech Inc
3+ Years in developing android application interfaces. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next…
The Android Developer is a full time position for a mobile application developer with extensive Android (Google – phone and tablet) experience.