Civil / Mechanical Engineer @ T3W Business Solutions Inc - Kāne‘ohe Bay, HI
3 months ago
Civil / Mechanical Engineer
T3W Business Solutions Inc - Kāne‘ohe Bay, HI
Provide Marine Corp Base (MCB) Hawaii technical and advisory support services for Facilities Requirements Planning and Assessments; Logistics, Technical, and GIS Support Services; Program Management and Operations Execution, and Facilities Maintenance Management. Provide on-site support services in each requirement area during the period of performance for Engineering and Maintenance Project Management support for the Facilities Department.
- Develop and review Statement of Work; Design Criteria; Project Requirements, Request for Information (RFI)
- RFP development for Facilities Sustainment, Repair and Modernization (FSRM) projects.
- Review designs during 30/60/90/100 for final signature.
- Coordinate Construction with affected MCB Hawaii parties as well as the NAVFACHI FEAD and the Base maintenance shops.
- Review, recommend, and provide engineering evaluations of mission critical structures.
- Coordinate, validate, and distribute all design plans and specs and project turn over documents to our maintenance division, including but not limited to: As-built/Pre-Construction/Construction/Shop Drawings, OMSI documents, Commissioning reports, Utility one-line drawings, Beneficial Occupancy documents, Final inspection deficiency resolution, and Beneficial Occupancy sign-offs.
- Review and recommend Collateral Equipment Requirements.
- Manage critical initiatives, objectives, and all aspects of operations management associated with FSRM scope project requirements.
- Manage repair / MILCON projects.
- Report status of each project to supervision on a monthly basis.
- Ensure deliverables meet professional standards and the requirements as set forth in the Performance Work Statement.
- Submit written deliverables in hardcopy and electronic form in Microsoft Office compliant format (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Submit Quarterly Status Reports.
- Produce Quarterly Status Reports (QSRs) to the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR).
- Draft deliverables for the Quarterly Status Report shall be submitted five (5) working days following each quarter. The Government will respond within 5 days with comments. The Contractor shall accept or reject them within 5 working days of submission.
- Participate in conferences and workshops, including but not limited to:
- Concept Development Conferences
- Training Objective Workshops
- Charrettes/Functional Analysis Concept Developments
- Scenario Development Workshops
- Initial, midterm, and Final Planning Conferences
- Generate and provide analysis, reports, and briefings.
- Prepare a work plan no later than 30 calendar days after start of the performance on the task order. The work plan will include a schedule of all activities for all tasks: the content, format, and suspense for products to be delivered to the Government and projected spend plan for each task.
- Update the work plan to reflect current Government requirements, products, and effort.
- Submit updated work plans to the COR, with the quarterly status report.
- Conference and Meeting Reports (electronic) shall be in sufficient detail to identify dates, locations, points of contact, attendees, directions received, and areas of concern and salient items of interest identified at the meeting. All minutes shall be submitted to the COR within three (3) working days of completing the training event, conference or meeting.
Must be US Licensed Professional Engineer or 10 plus years in mechanical engineering experience or have10 plus years’ experience in mechanical engineering in Lieu of US Engineering Licensed.
- Background knowledge in Waste Water Treatment Plant Systems.
- Working knowledge of and skill related to the development of professional level correspondence and the management of programs.
- Working knowledge of Department of Defense and Marine Corps policies and regulations related to Facilities planning and engineering projects of Special and MILCON scope.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent Customer service skills due to daily interaction with various levels of rank, authority, positions, both military and civilians.
- Tier 1, or Tier 1-equivalent investigations for suitability; advance coordination with the MCB Security Manager will facilitate completion of requirements for timely onboarding.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.