Engineer - Aircraft Structures @ Hawaiian Airlines - Honolulu, HI
2 months ago
Engineer - Aircraft Structures
Hawaiian Airlines - Honolulu, HI
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
Serves as an engineer for evaluating, assisting and designing structural repairs on Hawaiian Airlines fleet. Provide engineering support to the operation and serves as a project engineer to assigned project and task.
- Authors and approves structures repairs for aircraft and or components
- Substantiates the repairs in accordance with industry accepted practices and Federal Aviation Administration applicable requirements
- Familiar with corrosion mitigation on aircraft structures
- Familiar with fatigue, strength of materials and aircraft structures
- Researches and provides recommendations to aircraft structures items by working with OEM, vendors, MROs, HA maintenance and maintenance control
- Proactively implements corrosion prevention improvements to HA aircraft, revising or creating new Maintenance Program requirements to include checks, inspections or regular application of corrosion inhibitors to minimize degradation of structure
- Proposed and submits structural repair to OEM/DER and obtains approvals as needed
- Provide technical assistance to line, base, and check maintenance team, 24/7
- Authors engineering projects, and develops technical data as needed to support HA aircraft
- Utilizes technical expertise and practical experience to disposition complex technical issues
- Researches, recommends and approves modifications, repairs or part alternatives
- Reviews documents including Service Bulletins, FARs, Airworthiness Directives, and other manufacturer issued publications
- Maintains and updates maintenance manuals, OEM and internal revisions, approve and authorize part master records in TRAX by researching substantiation documentation
- Interface with equipment vendors, industry partners, MRO providers and regulatory authorities
- Collaboration with HA Technical Operation department for process improvements as needed
- Participates in resolution of design and improvements to maintenance programs & procedures as needed
- Prepares, creates, reviews and approves engineering documentation in accordance to HA Engineering Standard Operating Procedures and processes
- Timely accomplishment of assignments coming into the group, including resolution of CARs, CERIs, review/disposition of Alert Level investigations, IRG, MRRB, CAS activities, etc.
- Professional development and other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent scientific discipline from an accredited university, or alternatively 3 years of relevant experience in addition to technical education such as an A&P license
- Strong computer skills with Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat etc
- Able to obtain an AOA/SIDA badge
- Valid driver’s license and passport
- Strong analytical and operational business skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects to balance work within the group, ensuring important technical updates are provided to maintenance documentation in an expeditious manner
- Must be able to promptly respond after hours (24/7). Must be able to travel occasionally, work flexible hours and work beyond regular hours, including weekends and holidays and non-traditional hours
- Good organizational and prioritization skills and a demonstrated ability of acting as an effective change agent
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize complex technical matters. Must be able to confidently and professionally represent Hawaiian to members of federal authorities and industry
- Must have received the COVID Vaccine by date of hire
**All applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted, and they must successfully pass the drug test. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- Engineering / Aerospace Degree or 3 + years’ experience in aviation
- Familiarity with TRAX maintenance software, particularly engineering module, authoring controls and task cards
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prepare and present progress updates to senior management, conduct basic financial analysis to determine cost/benefit relationships of engineering projects, and prepare business cases
- Commercial aviation experience with FAR 121, in the field of Aircraft Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Assurance, or Regulatory Compliance
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (Parts 25, 121, etc). Familiarity with Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturer Service Bulletins
- Experience and familiarity with certification, STCs, modification and repair of complex aircraft systems, components and installation on Part 121 aircraft.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of aircraft/engine maintenance and specification documents, particularly AMM, WDM, SRM, IPC, TSM, etc.
- 717, 787, A321and A330 experience
- Familiarity or experience with aircraft structures, metal and composite repairs, damage tolerance analysis, knowledge of corrosion impact to metals
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 17 years (2004-2020) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 92nd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers nonstop flights within the Hawaiian Islands, between Hawai‘i and more U.S. gateway cities (16) than any other airline, as well as service connecting the islands with Japan and South Korea. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian has temporarily suspended service in Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across its business. While the experience may be a little different, the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be found at HawaiianAirlines.com/KeepingYouSafe.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.