Sr. Principal Test Engineer – Space/Satellite -Top Secret @ Northrop Grumman - Dulles, VA
Post a job for free in Dulles, VA
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Dulles, Virginia
- US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No –Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Travel Required: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Successful candidates for this position will work in a space-to-ground communications network program in the Integrated Ops business area within the Space Systems Sector located at Dulles, VA. The I&T engineer will work with Engineering team leads to perform the following:
- Design, procure, install and configure Ground System Equipment test racks, develop test plans, write test reports, create, maintain system drawings and inventory records.
- The I&T engineer will perform regression testing for system hardware and software upgrades, perform test for new capabilities in a lab or test environment and remote sites as needed.
- The I&T engineer will be responsible for deploying the test racks to various testing locations and provide test support while the racks are in the test environment to include extended work hours and weekends as need to meet the test and delivery schedules.
- Minimum Education / Experience: 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters or equivalent military/industry experience.
- At least 7 year’s experience in the assembly, integration, operation, maintenance, test, and troubleshooting of ground systems equipment for satellite communications systems.
- Experience in development and executing test and certification procedures.
- Experience with identifying and evaluating candidate vendors for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) satellite ground station components.
- Expertise with RF and communications test equipment for performance measurement and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of computer networks, especially Internet Protocol-based systems, and the network appliances that comprise them (eg, routers, switches).
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems, particularly Windows and Linux, and their applications.
- Experience with the installation of rack-mounted hardware and cable routing, satellite reflector antennas and associated hardware, and the tools required for installing and maintaining this equipment.
- Well-organized, dependable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, team environment focused on satisfying the customer's mission. Should be a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, prioritize tasking, and work with minimal supervision. Ability to work alone or in a small team in the field.
- Available for occasional periods of extended travel (typically 1-2 weeks but may be as longer as needed to support the test event). Occasional periods of shift work (evening or night) will be required.
- Must have a U.S. citizenship with a current or active Top Secret level clearance and the ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Computer or network industry certifications (Security + or Network +)
- Military Satcom, Radar, RF communication systems are a plus.