Frontend Staff Architect & Software Developer (Remote) @ Fictiv - Chicago, IL
6 days ago
Frontend Staff Architect & Software Developer (Remote)
Fictiv - Chicago, IL
Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the "AWS of manufacturing," is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
If you have the expertise in frontend architectural design coupled with the vision to see beyond the immediate roadmap, then this is your perfect next career move. Step into a key leader role where you will drive highly complex projects as you look for opportunities to build future technology and business capabilities.
What's in it for you?
Staff Engineers have an outsized impact on the team. You will play an essential technical leadership role in shaping technical architecture, increasing awareness of best practices, and elevating technical standards across all of frontend engineering.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change An Industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You'll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing a long-term technical vision and roadmap to advance our frontend architecture, including CI / CD pipeline and backend for frontend systems
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams across the company to realize the roadmap
- Establishing technical guidelines to improve security, scalability, usability, and performance of our web applications
- Mentoring, training, and guiding engineers across teams on modern design techniques, test practices, and coding standards
- Prioritizing and delegating frontend improvements that are shared between teams
- Participating in hands-on development, debugging, and reviewing any critical work for the front-end application
- 10+ years' experience developing and delivering frontend web applications for external customers
- Proven expertise in designing technical / architectural roadmap and driving business impact through technology
- Proficient with modern frontend frameworks and tools such as React.js, Webpack, and ESLint
- Experience with multiple data fetching and state management approaches for complex data
- Experience with mitigating security risks, especially with OWASP Top 10
- Familiar with current trends and best practices in frontend architecture, including security, scalability, usability, and performance
Imagine the progress the world will see as we help companies build hardware using the speed of software!
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Fictiv continues to expand our remote US workforce. Recent hires include professionals located in:
Arizona (AZ), California (CA), District of Columbia, (DC), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Iowa (IA), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Kansas (KS), Massachusetts (MA), Maryland (MD), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Missouri (MO), North Carolina (NC), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), Nevada (NV), Ohio (OH), Oregon (OR), South Carolina (SC), Texas (TX), Tennessee (TN), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington (WA), West Virginia (WV), Wyoming (WY)
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
We're actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
The University of Chicago
All engineers are expected to be flexible for full-stack development and some may have a specialty in back end or frontend technologies.
Develop and maintain Skolem's frontend functionality. Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and…
Program in Golang for backend and Ember.js for frontend, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills.
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and…
Rather than be an order-taker, the Engineer works with Product Managers, designers and business stakeholders to discover the best solution to address critical…
Matter Product Studio
Architect APIs, complex business logic, build beautiful frontends, and implement 3rd party integrations working alongside other curious engineers and team…
Zenotis Technologies Inc.
Join us on this epic adventure, help build the web app that powers the workflows of the new Network Detection and Response capabilities, and most importantly,…
Has worked on 2 or more projects independently from initiation to deployment, working with at least 2+ engineers and providing tech oversight for a junior…
Strong skills in backend, frontend and mobile development background in modern development stacks. 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer in a customer…
Frontend/UI Lead - React will be responsible for leading a team of frontend developers focused on the design and development of frontend solutions across the…
As well, the engineer will perform frontend development of internal quoting and part inspection web pages, and components of customer-facing pages.
5+ years of experience as a DevOps or SRE engineer. Manage career paths, grow, and supervise 5 DevOps engineers.
Ad Hoc Team
Actively contributing code and performing code review on your applications as an engineer. Providing vision for other engineers within their area of influence,…
Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions. You will build and maintain world class web applications for our customer…
You will also make changes to Search infrastructure including the ability to monitor Elasticsearch and Agatha performance.