UI Lead React @ Cognizant - Chicago, IL
8 days ago
UI Lead React
Cognizant - Chicago, IL
UI Lead React
Cognizant is a strategic partner to the Fortune 2,000, helping the world's most influential companies to build software and solutions, empowering our clients' businesses and enabling their competitive advantages. Cognizant Interactive helps clients reinvent products, experiences, and business models to create new value, and differentiation and drive revenue in the digital economy. We take an Experience centered approach which uses human insights to take ideas from vision to the outcome and building end to end experience led solutions that enables brands to transform their customer and employee experiences using design, marketing, and commerce capabilities
Cognizant is looking for a Senior React Developer with six to ten years of experience in developing customized products for our clients. The role is expected to drive technology discussions and analyze the current landscape for gaps in addressing business needs. Cognizant needs a motivated individual to challenge the status quo and provide thought leadership/best practices to enhance our current services and technologies. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.? Someone that values the “team” and leverages the opinions and expertise of their teammates to deliver quality.
Frontend/UI Lead - React will be responsible for leading a team of frontend developers focused on the design and development of frontend solutions across the Digital and Marketing Technology domain, including:
- Should be able to lead a POD of engineers for the React Frontend development project
- Provide mentoring to the junior developers by grooming their development best practices, creating client-specific developer guidelines, and being able to review code and fix them
- Be able to speak up to set realistic expectations for a project with the client and product owner
- Strong communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate to the Product Owner, Enterprise architects, development teams, and business and IT stakeholders.
- Be able to speak up to set realistic expectations for a project
- Strong communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate to development teams and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Help us grow our team by interviewing and recruiting new engineers
- Develop a culture of high ownership, technical excellence, innovation, and collaboration.
- Strong programming fundamentals with Advanced OOPS concepts.
- Discuss with customer business groups to understand the functionality and come up with innovative ideas for web development for the best user experience
- Coordinate with offshore Team to set project expectations, and mentor junior members of the team.
- Good Expertise in analyzing the Document Object Model (DOM) Layout, DOM Functions, and Java Script functions, Cascading Styles across cross-browser using FireBug, Developer Tool Bar.
- Overall 8+yrs years of software development experience
- 5+ years of React JS frontend development with backend integration experience (preferably client side)
- Deep understanding of React Architecture, Hooks. Webpack, SCSS/SASS, LESS, etc.
- Experienced in working with Redux architecture using complex Object-Oriented concepts in improving the performance of the websites.
- Experience in using React JS components, Forms, Events, Keys, Router, plus Redux, Animations, and Flux concepts.
- Experience in the development of RWD and SPA with React, Redux, Routers, jQuery, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, GraphQL, ES6, Babel, Express, and ESlint. Understands Server-Side Rendering, Virtual DOM, Performance optimization, Typescript & Material UI
- Familiarity with integration patterns and invoke/ consume APIs/ RESTful Services/ OData API using NodeJS, Spring framework.
- Experience with Automated Unit, Contract & E2E Testing – Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Cypress, Playwright, Wiremock & Pact JS
- Experience in TDD and BDD approach.
- Experienced in deploying React Apps using CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Container Platforms – Docker & Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of deployment concepts of rollout and rollback, web server, app server deployment, database scripts rollout, and monitoring
- Ancillary aspects of software development like IDE, SAFe, Agile, Story development across layers; Digital Engineering, and Product Engineering basics
- Experience with customizing build with webpack, rollup & babel.
- Exposure to implementing Adobe Site Catalyst, Test & Target.
- Experience in implementing React JS applications in compliance with ADA / 508
- Experience in Adobe Experience Manager will be a plus.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to obtain certifications in the latest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people. If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network Assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and is committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law.
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, and Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest-Growing “All-Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant leverages a highly flexible business model, a seamless global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of world-class companies that are leaders in their own space.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 20 2022
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email [email protected] with your request and contact information.
The University of Chicago
All engineers are expected to be flexible for full-stack development and some may have a specialty in back end or frontend technologies.
Develop and maintain Skolem's frontend functionality. Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and…
Program in Golang for backend and Ember.js for frontend, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills.
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and…
Rather than be an order-taker, the Engineer works with Product Managers, designers and business stakeholders to discover the best solution to address critical…
Matter Product Studio
Architect APIs, complex business logic, build beautiful frontends, and implement 3rd party integrations working alongside other curious engineers and team…
Zenotis Technologies Inc.
Join us on this epic adventure, help build the web app that powers the workflows of the new Network Detection and Response capabilities, and most importantly,…
Has worked on 2 or more projects independently from initiation to deployment, working with at least 2+ engineers and providing tech oversight for a junior…
Strong skills in backend, frontend and mobile development background in modern development stacks. 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer in a customer…
Frontend/UI Lead - React will be responsible for leading a team of frontend developers focused on the design and development of frontend solutions across the…
As well, the engineer will perform frontend development of internal quoting and part inspection web pages, and components of customer-facing pages.
5+ years of experience as a DevOps or SRE engineer. Manage career paths, grow, and supervise 5 DevOps engineers.
Ad Hoc Team
Actively contributing code and performing code review on your applications as an engineer. Providing vision for other engineers within their area of influence,…
Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions. You will build and maintain world class web applications for our customer…
You will also make changes to Search infrastructure including the ability to monitor Elasticsearch and Agatha performance.