Senior Software Engineer (Node/React) @ OpenGov - Chicago, IL
9 days ago
Senior Software Engineer (Node/React)
OpenGov - Chicago, IL
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,100+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
- Lead web development, API design (develop and document APIs), Event Streaming, and testing for critical customer use cases
- Deliver new features and improvements in a fast-paced, agile environment with releases every two weeks
- Design and develop asynchronous and high-performance front-end applications using modern technologies, including React, TypeScript, GraphQL, Zustand, and Immutable.js.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Design, Product Management, and Engineering from feature conception to release
- Contribute meaningfully to Opengov’s component library and influence our design system for meaningful code reusability
- Collaborate with large teams of developers with extensive usage of collaboration tools and modern revision control
- Promote clean code and best practices through the code review process
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work expereince required
- 8+ years of professional experience in front-end engineering roles preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience using Git or another popular CVS required
- 3+ years of professional experience with React and Redux, TypeScript, and ECMAScript required
- Experience in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools, and methodologies required
- Experience integrating the UI with data from service endpoints required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Understanding functional programming fundamentals required
- Experience reviewing the code of others and submitting code reviews required
- Experience working cross-functionally, collaborating with designers, and coordinating and product/program managers required
- Experience using Node.js as backend service preferred
- Solid understanding of core AWS concepts (S3, EC2, RDS, etc.) preferred
- Real-world experience building scalable SaaS products preferred
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $200 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,100+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (six consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS/flexbox and experience with at least one modern frontend framework like reactjs, angular or backbone.
Hearst Media Services
Built commerce storefronts on SAP using frameworks such as Accelerator and the new Spartacus frontend. Thorough understanding of enterprise commerce solutions…
The University of Chicago
All engineers are expected to be flexible for full-stack development and some may have a specialty in back end or frontend technologies.
Develop and maintain Skolem's frontend functionality. Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and…
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
You will bring your own technical expertise to monitor and support staging and production environments, build tooling, CI/CD pipelines, deployment specs and…
Program in Golang for backend and Ember.js for frontend, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills.
Join us on this epic adventure, help build the web app that powers the workflows of the new Network Detection and Response capabilities, and most importantly,…
Rather than be an order-taker, the Engineer works with Product Managers, designers and business stakeholders to discover the best solution to address critical…
Matter Product Studio
Architect APIs, complex business logic, build beautiful frontends, and implement 3rd party integrations working alongside other curious engineers and team…
Zenotis Technologies Inc.
Has worked on 2 or more projects independently from initiation to deployment, working with at least 2+ engineers and providing tech oversight for a junior…
Strong skills in backend, frontend and mobile development background in modern development stacks. 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer in a customer…
You will also make changes to Search infrastructure including the ability to monitor Elasticsearch and Agatha performance.